SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Sunday, September 21, 2008

LAST TRAIN TO SHORNCLIFFE


Alone,
Street lights break the black.
The last train’s come & gone,
Just have to wait till morning now.
Jesus I want a cigarette,
But I want a drink even more.
Just got out of Wolston Park today -
They should call it Wolston prison.
Got some change in my pocket,
Not enough for a flask -
The Metho will have to do tonight,
It’ll keep me from going cold.
The taste ain’t so bad
Once you get past the first bite.
It sets your insides on fire,
It does the trick alright.
I’m heading for my sisters house,
Lives somewhere in Redcliffe I hear.
Has herself a new family now,
Thinks she’s too good for us I fear.
But she’ll give into me, she always does -
Got a heart of gold that kid.
Just got to make it through till morning
I think I’ll stop right here.
At least I got a roof over me head,
Even if it is a bloody loo -
It’ll do for tonight sis,
Then I’m coming to find you.
Alone,
Street lights break the black.
The last breath has come & gone,
I’m going home sis, I’m through….

1 comment:

Jan Maree said...

So sad, tears here. I remember this well.