SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Friday, September 26, 2008

DON'T GIVE UP

A dear sweet friend of mine sent the following poem to me recently, it was one which I had written in my eary twenties. I had forgotten all about it as I had destroyed most of my writings during a destructive rage years ago. I had sent it to her as she was going through a difficult stage in her life with Chronic Fatigue - I guess I should now take my own advice & "not give up".

When your life seems hard & always in a mess
When the long road ahead seems steep & endless...
don't give up!
When tears you cry seem to never stop
When the thought of Hope seems all you've got...
don't give up!
Life's not all that bad, you'll find that's true
Just put on a smile & change your view
There always tomorrow & that's enough
to keep you smiling...
so don't give up

1 comment:

Jan Maree said...

smiles...I am still catching up on your posts from when I was on the road to Canberra! This is a sweet poem and attached to it are sweet memories for me...and if I was to give up I might just miss some of these moments coming up.