SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Friday, October 3, 2008

HUSBAND

I love you in spite of, not because of & because you love me in spite of, not because of too.
I love that you love me more with each passing year as my hair turns grey & starts to grow in strange places.
I love that you’re the first person I want to share things with, that you’ll listen & tell me the truth no matter how much it hurts.
I love that you’re the person I measure myself against & I’m glad you don’t do the same.
I love that you walk to the beat of your own drum, however off key & odd it may sound.
I love that you laugh at our mistakes & accept that we’ll make plenty more.
I love the fact that we keep to ourselves & don't feel a need to be with others.
I love that you know me better than anybody & that you never use it against me.
I love that you love me in times of madness, that you hold tight & ride out the storm.
I love you…..you’re my best friend, you’re the best friend I’ll ever have.

1 comment:

Hidden Sage said...

That's beautiful. What was his response to this poem?

Your appreciation of him is beautiful, and so is his understanding of you.

I feel I can relate to what you wrote. Something about reading the thoughts of a wife's appreciation to her husband's support is comforting.