SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Thursday, September 11, 2008

THE EYES OF THE LORD


One incident I do recall that was pretty awe inspiring happened when I was living with a friend of mine whilst we were studying nursing at university. I was a Christian at the time & when we were moving in & decorating the place I stuck a poster up on the lounge room wall that read “Keep your eyes upon Jesus”. My friend, not sharing my enthusiasm, suggested that I take it down & put it in my own room. And so, after some deliberation, I did. I tacked it to my cupboard door.


Later that night when I was in bed asleep I woke up to go to the toilet (sometimes I have the bladder of a ninety year old) & through the window which was above my head the light from the moon was hitting smack bang square on the poster & illuminating it. “KEEP YOUR EYES UPON JESUS”. I got the heebie-jeebies, woke up my friend & she freaked out even more, making a comment somewhere along the lines of: “You can put the poster up in the lounge room if you like”.

No comments: