SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

GOSSIP


The last time I spoke to my mum she was quite upset about something she had heard that a friend had said about her. 65 years old & gossip is still a problem. I may get lonely at times but in a way I'm glad my husband & I keep to ourselves to avoid the "he said, she said" scene. Why can't people find more constructive things to do with their time - "idle hands make for idle gossip". But as I said to mum, its' power is only as strong as you yourself allow it to be & you have the ability to stop it in its tracks. In the past I myself have gotten very upset over gossip & at times I have even engaged in it & hated myself for it. My stomach churns every time I hear someone say "don't tell anybody this, but.....". Gossip is a terrible, evil thing & there are so many more exciting things for us to talk about besides other people.

No comments: