SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Monday, September 8, 2008

MELON COLLIE & THE INFINITE SADNESS


Besides 'storms of Africa' another song that reminds me of the rush of euphoria experienced during my hypomanic episodes is 'tonight, tonight' by the Smashing Pumpkins, link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsZYqaSc4cU . I love this song - the range of emotion Billy Corgan is capable of producing in his music astounds me, to go from this song to 'bullet with butterfly wings' on the one albulm (Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness) is quite a ride - link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxNX_PRqhCQ. But then he is a fellow sufferer of the torments of anxiety and depression. Here are some excerpts from the lyrics:


"TONIGHT, TONIGHT"

Time is never time at all
You can never ever leave without leaving a piece of youth
And our lives are forever changed
We will never be the same
The more you change the less you feel

Well crucify the insincere tonight
We'll make things right, well feel it all tonight
We'll find a way to offer up the night, tonight
The indescribable moments of your life, tonight
The impossible is possible, tonight
Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Tonight, tonight
Tonight.

"BULLET WITH BUTTERFLY WINGS"

The world is a vampire, sent to drain
Secret destroyers, hold you up to the flames
And what do I get, for my pain?
Betrayed desires, and a piece of the game
Even though I know - I suppose I'll show
All my cool and cold - like old Job

Depite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
And someone will say what is lost can never be saved
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage

And I still beleive that I cannot be saved
And I still believe that I cannot be saved
And I still believe that I cannot be saved

No comments: