SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Monday, September 8, 2008

NEW BEGININGS


A dear friend of mine is getting married soon, my thoughts are constantly with her at the moment. The friend I speak of actually sang at my wedding - she has the voice of an angel. Getting married is a wonderful thing, but weddings can be highly stressful, I know mine was. So my best wishes are with you Jan & I wish I wasn't so far away so I could help.

Above is a photo I took at my own wedding, it shows my two nieces rushing down to the Sandgate shoreline after the ceremony - I love the rainbow in the distance.... a promise of good things to come.

2 comments:

Jan Maree said...

I just love your blog Sue! I hope this post works this time. I have been reading every word you write! I adored your piece on Marilyn, it stirred my thoughts and took me inside her mind and made me think, 'yeah, she didn't have the glamorous life I like to think she had'. The cancer poem was so incredibly raw and well so truthful, being the rose-coloured-glass-wearer I like to be, I am not sure I could read it again- many will be touched by this Sue. You are just amazing. I will keep reading.

Jan Maree said...

I don't remember the rainbow- how WONDERFUL!!! Beautiful photo of you and your husband also- it was one of the sweetest, most lovely weddings I have been to and so many years have passed now- incredible. I have been sad these last days knowing you will not be with me on my wedding day but your affect on me will come through, whether it be in the reading I choose or as I lean down to pick a lavender flower (for there will be plenty in that Lavender Courtyard to tempt me), squeeze it between my fingers and pull it to my face to smell, you will be there dear Sue.