SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Sunday, October 12, 2008

ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU SICK!

I've just spent the last 3 hours reading about nausea & vomiting; I knew that the etiology & pathology behind these two symptoms was quite detailed but my goodness - aren't our bodies just so exciting! I've noticed lately that my memory is on the improve again which is a positive sign, seeing it's been terrible these past few months - terrible for me anyhow as it's usually pretty good. I've also noted that my daily thoughts are becoming less "dreamy" and that I'm regaining more interest in what is going on around me - in "reality". I'm also getting quite bored & the days seem so long wheras up until now they have flown by in a kind of haze. I've made myself a goal of getting back to work before Christmas, there are positions going at the Alfred hospital for Oncology rotations even if it will mean a grade cut. It will be ideal in that there will be no shift work & therefore no disruption to my routine & sleep habits. My employment record is not the best for the last 12 months but I figure that if I'm honest with them they'll take my recent illness & subsequent treatment into account. They can't exactly discriminate against me now can they, if I'm qualified.

No comments: