SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

BACK TO WORK



Well I hit the road today, I picked up the car & off we went to visit patients. As everything has to be so confidential, that's about all I can say really. I am working around the Stonnington area which includes my home suburb of South Yarra, along with the neighbouring suburb of Toorak - a suburb synonymous with wealth (with a median property value of 2 million dollars). It's so strange to go from visiting disadvantaged patients in housing commission units to then drive two minutes down the road to see patients who have personal maids & live in palatial mansions. The housing commission units around the southern suburbs of Melbourne seem to all be centralised whack bang in the middle of each zone and consist of huge 20 storey ghetto like blocks - they're hard to miss, it's as though they have been put there to be contained...to be 'kept an eye on'. Council meetings will be interesting indeed, I think I may have my work cut out for me.

5 comments:

Louise Viray said...

What's it like to be a nurse Mrs. Sue? I'll be one in the future, for sure. I want an idea from a professional like you. Is it difficult? Do you get a satisfiable money from it?

Jan and Sue said...

Dear Louise, nursing really isn't something you do for the money -it can be very taxing on you both physically & emotionally. My husband & I live very comfortably but then there is just us & we are low maintenance. We have both been nursing for about 9 years & we both earn between 60-75K AUD per annum (60 base - extra from penalties). Nursing is great if you want to travel - you'll always have a job.

- sue

Jan Maree said...

You are back to work, how fabulous is that?! Oh the long arduous journey you have been on Mrs. Sue!

C O N G R A T S - you did it.

My thoughts are sailing with you and blowing a little encouragement your way.

Louise Viray said...

ohh..Nursing is a job in demand abroad. so many of us Filipinos - we're a poor country - take nursing as our course to go abroad and earn a lot. I have a fixed ambition. and I really want it to come true. I hope I'm compatible with nursing.
Thanks so much Mrs. Sue. Wish me luck, I hope I can make it. :]

muthu said...

absolutely an

awesome blog...

kudos...

i would love to have your comments on my short stories....

do visit my blog and have a go at them.......

and happy new year.....