SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Monday, December 1, 2008

MANNERS


Is it just me or do people just have no manners anymore? First of all I was at Coles doing some grocery shopping & there was an elderly gentleman who was asking for some assistance, 3 sets of people walked by & ignored him, all he wanted was someone to read a label because he'd forgotten his glasses! Then I was walking home, trudging along with my little cart, 34 going on 70, and four grown men were coming towards me, walking abreast of each other. They were taking up the whole of the sidewalk, I clung to the left (as you do) & you'd think they would fall in line but no they just stayed there until I came face to face with one of them & I said politely "excuse me" & I stood my ground, he finally stepped aside, (after he blew the smoke from his cigarette in my face) but it was such an effort. Absolute gentlemen they were ...... charmers.

2 comments:

Hidden Sage said...

Manliness and chivalry are hard to come by these days.

The Pastoral Princess said...

I fear that might have brought out the absolutely evil b*tch out of me! Arrggh! That is awful. I can picture myself now screaming obscenities...which I would be horribly embarrassed by later. You handled yourself very well!