SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Friday, December 26, 2008

SHADOWBOXING DAY

For the first time in almost a year I had a drink of alcohol - a nice bottle of Yellowglen Bella, and it will be my last. I was advised not to mix alcohol with the medication I'm on but I didn't think having a little on Christmas eve would hurt - I was wrong. Firstly I slept most of Christmas day and today, at the movies, I experienced heart palpitations and lower leg oedema. After watching The curious case of Benjamin Button (which was pretty good I might add) I went to get up & walk and found it extreemly difficult - I looked down only to find my feet swollen like two balloons. Before bothering my psychiatrist at Christmas or embarrasing my husband at the local emergency department (where he works) I made my way slowly home, elevated my legs & slept for 2 hours. I then did an online search about the effects of alcohol & psychotropic medications & there it all was & more. So no more alcohol for me...it's just not worth it. Good thing I hardly drank in the first place.

3 comments:

Jan Maree said...

Oh dear. Hope you are feeling well again soon. Smiled when you added in the Benjamin Button comment. x

L. said...

Poor you!:(. I am glad you are okay.

Ida said...

This doesn't sound good at all! Hope you are feeling a bit better tonight and that you have had a lovely christmas :)