SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Monday, December 15, 2008

WITHDRAWL

I finally finished off my Christmas shopping yesterday, the Christmas windows around Melbourne city are just delightful. I made the mistake yesterday of forgetting to take my morning medication & instead of turning around & coming back home I nonchalantly continued on as if it was only a minor detail. By the time 5:30pm rolled around I was dizzy, had a major headache, my stomach was in knots & I couldn't even get my key in the door. This is the second time I've done this now & you'd have thought I'd have learnt my lesson the first time - it's not like it's asprin or paracetamol! I have now put a supply in my handbag so it wont happen again.

3 comments:

fred val said...

i can miss my medication for 12 hrs and it doesnt make a difference
- maybe this will be the case for you in the future - or maybe it wont

Suzanne Rowley said...

Effexor has a pretty short half-life & therefore even missing one dose can cause problems.

Ida said...

I haven't even started with my christmasshopping yet.. I usually save it to the very last! :)