SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Sunday, January 4, 2009

THE GAMES PEOPLE PLAY

Can anyone tell me why people continue to play games with each other, usually with the opposite sex, even when they are well into adulthood? I've never really understood it, as I've never been one for playing games -even when I was a child. Lets take women for example - do they think that for a relationship to be real it has to have high drama in it? Do they think that their love life should read like a Barbara Cartland novel? It all seems like way too much effort for my liking. Some might say it's due to low self esteem or self preservation but I'm not so sure.

I'm really angry today as I'm fed up with this woman who has continued to play with my brother's emotions for far too long. I'm also disappointed, as I have stood up for her time & time again. I know it's really none of my business & I shouldn't be talking about it here, but really, when a person you love keeps getting hurt shouldn't you make it your business? I don't know, thanks for letting me vent....& for listening.

"Never idealise others. They will never live up to your expectations. Don't over analyse your relationships. Stop playing games. A growing relationship can only be nutured by genuineness"”
- Leo F. Buscaglia -

3 comments:

Hidden Sage said...

It's your brother that's getting hurt, sooner or later it has to be your business.

Jan Maree said...

How far do we let people push us? Do we draw a boundary, only to find we scribble it out because of our own heart's need?

Two people that love, come back to each other's side.

Some of us find it hard to be 'owned' and create unnecessary struggles, hurting ourselves and others as a result.

I hope this is over soon for your brother. Try to stay calm, the wind will blow over.

Time can heal wounds, perhaps not completely but certainly a little.

Jan Maree said...

Hope everything is okay...I am suffering severe withdrawal symptoms!