SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Friday, February 6, 2009

KNOWING


I am putting the call out to anyone who has "psychic" experiences on a regular basis. Lately I have found myself to be in a place where they are happening nearly every day. My husband often says to me that I reply to things that he doesn't even say out loud & the other day it happened in a taxi cab when I said to the driver "No, the street up ahead is High street not Toorak road" & the cab driver looked at me & said "I didn't ask that out loud" but I heard him as clear as day. I am also certain that people put off odours when they are ill - I can always tell when my husband is getting sick in this way, even before he becomes symptomatic. The dying give off a particularly distinct smell. I got a lot of strange looks the other day when I was at a lecture about CPR in the community & we were talking about the signs of life & I said "You just know when someone has died.....it's as if they have left the room" - but there were also some people there who I'm sure knew exactly what I was talking about.

5 comments:

L. said...

Wow. It is amazing how intuitive you are. I think there are probably a lot of people who can tap into this type of energy, but there has to be an open mindedness to it. It must also be a difficult thing at times. I am sure you may get your fair share of strange looks. But what a gift. The only experiences I have had have happened when someone close to me has died (each time, they have "visited" the night they died) And one very strange dream about an old friend being ill -- and later finding out the dream was quite accurate as to what had happened to him -- But nothing on the day to day level. It is very interesting what the human mind may be capable of.

BTW, Thanks for your nice comment on my blog:)

Louise Viray said...

Wahhh...awesome.
Wish I had that kind of power(like a kid here). ^o^

Jan Maree said...

I have had a few psychic experiences:

A friend I was close to in high school visited me in my dreams and told me she was getting divorced - it was messy, she was in alot of pain. I tried to get in contact with her in person with no luck. I reconnected with her via facebook a few months ago and found out she had divorced and the timing was as my dreams had shown years prior and it was messy and extremely painful.

I had a premonition a good friend would be involved in an accident, two hours later she was. I prayed that she would be ok - it was a head on collision. She walked away with 2 broken fingers, the other driver was unharmed.

Old friends visit me frequently in my dreams - they are not typical dreams. In them I am watching from above as I am told what they are going through.

And there are many more but I will leave it at that. xx

Hidden Sage said...

This is all very interesting. I've had some of those experiences at various points in my life. I don't currently have them, they seem to come and go.

I never had the ability to smell a person's scent, but I knew a guy that did.

How long have you had this?

Unknown said...

I keep this part of me locked off from the world it is unsafe because it produces changes around me and from within that are troubling. I am seeked in sleep to provide acceptance and support to those who are gone, from here, i usually end up holding them as they watch their families fight, cry over their lose and I hold them and tell me it is okay, it will be okay. I awake feeling drained and disorientated to the task of the day. i used to walk in the evening and with me would return others who would make their presence known by energy usually in the corners of rooms and toward the ceiling sometimes it was unpleasent and they left a smell, hard to describe but if you have worked in nursing homes! I would talk to them and proceed to tell them they needed to leave and physically walk them out the door. I lock this part of me down, as I fear for my childrens protection, some have been quite violent and have touched me the wrong way, sleeping with crosses around my neck and fear was not good. I hate public transport becasue I get nauseated from the thoughts around me. I am told by christians that this is the devil, evil and I must pray, and I wonder why me, am I bad? I have visted people who deal with this and they tell me to leave.... or why do I need their help or guidance, but I continue to ignore and block, sometimes its hard especially when depressed and down.