SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Monday, April 20, 2009

BLUE


I hate to say it but I'm on another downer.....I'm not quite in the depths of despair but have been sleeping 20 out of 24 hours & have little interest in anything. Today I ventured outside for the first time in 3 days which was a huge effort & I'm planning on going to work tomorrow! I'm on the highest dosage of my NSRI so the plan is to go into hospital early next month to go off it & onto another medication.

My dear husband got short with me for the first time today - it was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm just so fed up with it all....I don't want to sound like a victim here, but I feel like one. Lately I've been trying to focus on my spiritual health (as it was poorly lacking & frightfully neglected), I thought I was onto something......but perhaps not. I don't feel sorry for myself ........really I don't - I feel more sorry for my husband, my family, my employer & colleagues, & dare I say it.....my psychiatrist!

3 comments:

Hidden Sage said...

Now what was that Japanese proverb?

"Fall down seven times, get up eight."

Perhaps it would help if you don't allow the falls to be anything more a minor hiccup. I think a lot of us fall into the trap of allowing negative thoughts to dwell and grow in our minds after we have fallen. If we don't pick ourselves up quick enough, those thoughts just keep getting more and more.

You'll be alright :-) What you've overcome before you can always overcome again.

Oh, and don't waste your energy feeling sorry for those people around you that are helping you. Just focus on yourself.

Jan Maree said...

You are in my thoughts, everyday.

Suzanne Rowley said...

thank you both for your words of encouragement