SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Sunday, January 18, 2009

CLOSING TIME


I'm just taking it easy today & thought I'd watch some TV for a change - and what do I find? Sport; sport & more blasted SPORT! I know it is so un-Australian of me but I just don't see the point, what are they running for again - can someone please remind me? And don't even get me started on sports that involve poor innocent animals. People just turn stupid when they watch sport - they drink; they swear; they shout & sing AC/DC songs. I thank God my husband shares my dislike of sport & I count my lucky stars that he refrains from the bogan activities that usually accompany this great Australian pastime. So I'll just sit back, turn off the tellie & put on a little Leonard Cohen - the great Canadian Poet, he never disappoints. Align Left


2 comments:

L. said...

Oh! I am not keen on sports either.. Growing up, my father really liked football and even now sometimes the sound of the game can bring back soothing memories, but I don't like to watch. I am lucky too. My husband really is not a sports fan type. Thanks for posting the video. Yes, Leonard Cohen never disappoints!

? said...

Hope you have a wonderful week