SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Saturday, January 31, 2009

HEAT


Here in Melbourne we are currently experiencing the worst heat wave on record - this past week the temperature has been in the mid forties (that's 112 in fahrenheit). There have been mass power outages with traffic lights not working, trains not running, & small fires bursting to life across the state. Birds were lying on the ground, not even flinching an inch as you walked by. I, along with many others, have been left feeling utterly drained & exhausted - like we've all just spent the past week in a sauna. Today has provided the first day of releif - it is a tollerable 27 degrees. Thank God the worst is over - I've never experienced anything like it in my life. And to think that just two weeks ago I was commenting on how mild the summer had been!

1 comment:

L. said...

Wow! That is terribly hot! I am glad the worst is over. It is hard to imagine as I put another log on the fire here in Vermont. Poor birds!