SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Thursday, March 26, 2009

PRAYER


I spent some time today with a lady who is dying, after we got past all the medical stuff we sat back & talked over a cuppa & scones. She admitted to me that she was scared....'terrified' was the term she used. She is a woman of faith & she told me of how she meditated with prayer. I admitted that lately I'd been crying out into the night to God - to whatever is out there to help me...to guide me - she replied "no my dear, you musn't pray in the darkness or it will overcome you......the best times to pray are at sunrise & sunset.

3 comments:

Siddharth Mistry said...

yr blog title is very nice... bloosom winter.... good one... inviting u to visit my blog.. u will like it...

Jan Maree said...

Hi Susie Sue - been thinking of you lots. Hope all is well with you. Thank you for your encouraging comments on my blog...I have lost my mojo for it lately! Been missing you out here!

Hidden Sage said...

Interesting advice. I personally believe that prayer can be done at any and all time. But there is always something special about praying at sunrise, sunset, and especially during the deep hollows of the night.