SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Friday, September 12, 2008

3# THE GIRL


I have actually not had this dream for many years, but I had it so often as a child & an adolescent that it still ranks at number 3. In the dream I am walking through a garden, I stop to take a rest by sitting on the edge of a fountain. The skies are blue, the sun is warm on my face & I am singing quietly to myself when a second voice joins in. I look around to see a young girl standing in the middle of the fountain, she is made of stone but her face has come to life. She stops singing & begins to sob uncontrollably, I try to comfort her but can’t & then I look around to realise it’s not a garden at all but a graveyard. I begin to feel cold as a dark wind blows through; then I wake up.

I had this dream constantly as a child - I have no idea what it means. Who was the little girl who sang so sweetly & then suddenly bursts into tears?

Was she me?

No comments: