SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SAMANTHA


Last night I received some wonderful news, my niece Sam is coming down to visit in early December. She is one of the most precious people in my life, & it will be a joy to spend some time with her. She is just about to turn 18 in October. Sam is such a genuine person – there are parts of her that seem so young & childlike yet others that are old & wise. If you ever need someone to keep a secret – Sam is your best bet, she is one of the most loyal & trustworthy people I know. I remember in my early twenties when I got a tattoo, Sam was the first one to find out (she was seven) – & you know she never told a soul. She hates gossip & is not too afraid to pull people up over it. Since I've been diagnosed with bipolar she sends me these regular emails that simply just say three words "I love you" - they have meant so much to me. When she’s not at school, working, or playing sport she’s teaching kids to play soccer & wants to work with children when school finishes later this year. I’m not saying she’s a saint, but compared to me at the same age she demonstrates such level headedness & is so responsible. Her parents should be so very proud of her – I know I am.

No comments: