SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

CAFFEINE


Day two of no chocolate or energy drinks, in fact the sweetest thing I’ve had was dried apricots. Those energy drinks are evil, I’ve taken myself off them once before and vowed never to get hooked on them again – but yet here I am. It’s just that the medication can make me so drowsy at times & energy drinks are an easy pick-me-up, even though I know in the long run you work up a caffeine tolerance & they just make things even worse. I only have 1-2 a day, but I’m addicted. Two mornings of excruciating headaches down & who knows how many to go, withdrawal can take anything from 1-5 days. I get so jealous of my husband, he can go on & off caffeine so easily but me I’m sensitive to it. I really shouldn’t have it at all, especially mixed with my medications. In a way I find it hard to believe that it's ethical to be able to sell an addictive stimulant that is so cheap & so readily available. But then I can't believe that cigarettes are legal when there is so much evidence of the damage that they cause.

1 comment:

Jan Maree said...

Love love love the new colourway! Yes I find it hard to believe that such foods are readily available (& cigarettes!!!). I truly wish they were not. Freedom of choice can be deadly! Our environment is controlled in so many other ways - why not remove what is proven harmful to us indeed?!!! These decisions are perplexing. And good on you Sue for fighting the environment- impulse bars in supermarkets, petrol stations etc. (oh they should be banned). I am happy to see that chocolate companies have added the DI (Daily Intake %) and "be treatwise - Get to know your DIs" along with website info - www.betreatwise.info to packaging. This is of some help at least.