SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Sunday, October 19, 2008

CHOCOLATE

God I've been craving simple carbohydrates lately, I walk at least 3 km a day but if I'm not careful I'm going to pack the weight back on - yet another pleasant side effect of the medications no doubt. Apparently the hunger for simple sugars only lasts 48hrs & if you get past that the worst is over. So I'm going to put myself in lockdown for the next 2 days to keep myself away from any temptations. I hate that I can't discipline myself when it comes to certain foods, I've managed to maintain a vegetarian diet but I still have way too much sugar. I usually don't eat chocolate because of the milk powder & gelatin that's often used but lately I just can't help myself - if only it didn't taste so darn good! I must not eat chocolate. I must not eat chocolate. I must not eat chocolate. I must not eat chocolate!!!!!

3 comments:

Jan Maree said...

I must not eat chocolate, I must not eat chocolate...either...the 48hour reference...does this apply to anyone experiencing sugar cravings or just specific to the meds you are taking?

Suzanne Rowley said...

No apparently that's for everyone. Don't know how true it is, but worth a try.

Jan Maree said...

This is not related to choc - just wanted to say I love the new colours x x