SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Saturday, January 17, 2009

CONNECTIONS


On tuesday, two days before my mother-in-law's death, I had my review with the psychiatrist. I spent the entire appointment on the verge of tears for no apparent reason, and as a result my medications have been increased slightly. he is also talking of changing my medication altogether - something that would require time off work & possibly hospitalisation.


It's strange, the week leading up to Vilai's death I felt dreadful, I was depressed, teary & kept getting the constant sensation that someone was walking all over my grave. Was this some sort of premonition? I don't know. I have been described as being an empath. I recall one instance when I was a teenager, I was shopping in the Brisbane Valley and this strange small woman stopped me & commented on my large forehead - "you're a communicator" she said reaching up to touch my face "you're stuck between this world & the next." I have never forgotten this encounter - what possess a stranger to walk up & say such things?


I sense that deep down we are all connected,
I know not how but we are.
By a tie that binds
you to me
& me to you.
In some strange way
by some strange force
out on the edge of the ether

2 comments:

Jan Maree said...

I have been thinking about this post all day, I now understand what you meant by the feeling of someone walking over your grave and how terrible that was for you.

Connections - I do believe we are all connected.

It is quite remarkable to observe your experiences on 'paper'.

I am pleased you are blogging about such experiences as we can only hope that one day we will understand them better.

L. said...

I understand this feeling. It is true, I think that there are so many connections and sometimes we can feel something as premonition without really knowing. The night my father died I had a very vivid dream of him packing suitcases and telling me he had to leave. He told me he loved me. He was very excited and also kept saying he had to go "north". I was not surprised when my mother called me in the morning to say he had died. And I really felt as though he had come to say goodbye. Your poem is beautiful. Who knows all the forces out there on the edge of ether. Thank you for sharing.