SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Saturday, January 17, 2009


My husband has accepted the sudden death of his mother with such grace and level-headedness, as he does with most things - he truly is inspirational. The coroner's report found that his mother Vilai died of a ruptured aorta - her funeral will be held next week. A buddhist monk from Brisbane will conduct the service as Vilai was well known in the local buddhist community & once headed the Thai meditation centre in Townville. She will be remembered for her tireless work for others - I don't think I have ever met anyone, with the excption of my own father, who worked so hard. And then there was the constant efforts by her to bring a disjointed family together - something that will now happen as they all gather to commemorate her life.

Here is one of the last photos taken of my husband with his mother - from left to right is Vilai; my husbands nanny (in the middle); & my husband.

No comments: