SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Saturday, January 24, 2009

DEPARTURE


It is best to avoid the beginnings of evil
-Henry David Thoreau-

My heart is just breaking at the moment, just three short days ago we gathered at Vilai's funeral, & now, so it seems, everyone is gathering like a hoard of vultures to tear apart the remnants she has left behind. It's times like these I wonder about my own death & how a similar scene can be avoided. I would like to leave this world owing nothing & owning nothing, to leave my estate in its entirety to charitable organisations which I have supported (the Wilderness society & Friends of the Earth) as well as to the Greens party.

My father & his brother & sister still argue about who got what after their parents died - I think it is pathetic. Just a week ago they had a dispute over a photograph.....a simple bloody photograph! Money & possessions can bring out the very worst in people.

1 comment:

Hidden Sage said...

You're right, it is pathetic. It's also very sad and misplaced. But hey, that's the human condition if we leave our actions and intentions unchecked, eh?

Personally, I'd sort it all out ahead of time. If anyone's going to inherit anything, it's known and that's that.

Despite it all, I hope you're coping well with all that's happening.