SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Friday, January 23, 2009

TODAY'S TREASURE


Put simply......waking up at home.

I spent 13 hours yesterday getting from Townville to Melbourne & no I didn't catch a bus! There was the initial delay in Townsville of 3.5 hours, & if my husband hadn't kept his phone on silent I could have spent them somewhere other than a boring departure lounge, like asleep in bed maybe. Then there was a 3 hour delay for the connecting flight in Brisbane, I got excited over this at first as I thought I could catch up with my parents but they had gone out for lunch & refuse to get a mobile phone so were not contactable. For all this inconvenience I, along with other fellow travellers, were given a $6 voucher to spend at any of the food outlets at the airport - how generous! Well I finished one book & started another & bought a new bag & purse from Guess which cost me $175 (a purchase I wouldn't have made if I hadn't been so blasted bored - I do like them though, I'm a sucker for handbags). Then I was harangued by some woman from Citibank. Waiting....it can be so tiresome - I have slept on & off most of today, it was definitley a day I'd rather forget.

2 comments:

Jan Maree said...

Oh damn, I am on holidays at the moment and could have come to see you! Oh well, glad it's over...what a nightmare!


Lovely bag though...something to show after 13 hours!

Cynthia said...

That bag is awesome!

Cool, my word verification spells
towershy.