SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Thursday, January 22, 2009

MUM


I have just returned home from Townsville where I attended my mother-in-law's funeral. The entire service was in Thai & was conducted by a Buddhist monk. It was lovely listening to the soothing chants & to individually go up & lay flowers on her body. My husband spoke of his mother with such love & affection. He told me later of how during his private veiwing of Vilai's body he had picked up her hands and stroked them gently, he did this in remembrance of the many times he massaged her feet & hands when he was a boy after she had had a long, hard day at work.


The strange thing is that today is also my mothers birthday. Happy 66th birthday mum - I love you so very much & just so you know - I'm not ready for you to die just yet, but my guess is I'm never going to be.

2 comments:

Jan Maree said...

tears here.

Louise Viray said...

This is making me sad...
*Runs up to Mama and hugs her..

Welcome back Mrs. Sue. ;)