SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Sunday, May 3, 2009

ETERNAL


He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has set eternity in the hearts of men.
- Ecclesiastes 3:11

Most people fear death, why is it then that it's the concept of eternity.....of everlasting life that makes me tremble. I was in a dark place today, I had visions of hanging myself from the steel beam in the ceiling but as usual my mood got brighter as the day grew darker.

Another day and I'm still here, Oh how I wish I wasn't.

2 comments:

The Lly Dilettante said...

All the times I wanted to take my own life, the thoughts of spending eternity in hell for suicide held me back. It would be too ironic....suicide is supposed to be a means to end the pain...but it is really a door to everlasting pain. Guess I'll have to find other ways to escape.

Jan Maree said...

keep fighting Sue, it's harder than suicide.

Walk on the higher road my dear friend.

Find the small things that bring you pleasure to help you through each moment, each day until the fog clears.

You are in my thoughts, everyday.

...put away the ropes, meds, knives - buy some flowers, get close to the water and walk, pick up that pen and write, find joy wherever you can and use it as an elixir for your pain for as long as you need. There is beauty to be found here on earth...there is, there really is.