SIMPLICITY

RATHER THAN LOVE, THAN MONEY, THAN FAME, GIVE ME TRUTH. - THOREAU-

Saturday, May 23, 2009

IMPACT


I got a call at 10pm last night from my big grizzly bear of a brother Steve. He was in a bar somewhere in Armidale NSW with some friends, he was pretty drunk, I can always tell when he's drunk cause he can't stop telling me he loves me "I LOVE YOU.....YOU KNOW THAT.....I LOVE YOU! & ANY TIME....ANY TIME AT ALL YOU CAN CALL ME" At the time of the call I laughed but today it hit me pretty hard. Hard in that I have caused my family so much concern & worry. I mean here is my 42 year old brother at a bar with friends on a friday night & it suddenly grips him to phone his Bipolar sister who's recently been unwell again. I should count myself lucky....no fortunate that I have such a family that loves me but this has been a reminder never to take them for granted also.

3 comments:

Jan Maree said...

a tear drips down my face as another forms as I read this...yes you are constantly in our thoughts dear one.

LORENZO said...

As easy as it is to call someone, I'm not sure why we don't do it for one another more often. Your story makes me think to call my sister...LL

Movin'on said...

My brother does exactly the same thing for me, and I also feel that I have caused my family grief.